Amidst all the panic and unrest going on in our country and all around the world, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation on Thursday, 19th March and appealed every citizen to participate in ‘Janta Curfew’ that will be held on 22nd March.
During his 30 minutes of addressing the nation, the Prime Minister asked everyone to follow the said steps and maintain public and personal hygiene while also practicing Social Distancing. In the wake of Novel virus pandemic, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has appealed citizen to actively participate in the Janta Curfew which is to be observed on 22nd March for 14 hours between 7 am and 9 pm.
PM Modi has asked everyone to stay indoors and avoid stepping out of their house during the curfew unless absolutely necessary during the curfew. Apart from essential and emergency services like medicals services, media, home delivery, police and fire fighting services, all others will be a part of this curfew and remain non-operational on Sunday. The Prime Minister has also advised citizens to remain indoors and avoid public gatherings and going to crowded places for next few weeks.
During the address, the Prime Minister has urged the elderly and senior citizens to stay home until the situation is under control and the spread is under control. Here are all the highlights from PM’s address to nation
- Janta Curfew will be observed on March 22nd between 7am and 9pm.
- During the 14 hours of curfew, people are advised to remain indoors and within the confides of their homes. PM has urged everyone to stay in their homes and avoid stepping outside unless absolutely necessary.
- People associated with essential services like medicals, police, fire fighting, media and home delivery will not be a part of this curfew, while everyone else is asked to stay indoors.
- PM Modi has urged people to avoid public gathering and going to public places until situation is under control.
- PM Modi has requested everyone to stand in their balconies to clap and appreciate the efforts of people working in essential services during this pandemic outbreak during the curfew, at 5pm.
PM’s address to the nation comes in between of an on-going pandemic with more than 170 cases reported across the country. This address also comes as a relief for many who were looking for support from the government.
Apart from the announcement of Janta Curfew, PM Modi advised the citizens to follow Social Distancing and stay in Quarantine for next few days to avoid the infection and slow down the spread of the virus.
Currently, we have no cure for the Novel Corona Virus and any breakthrough in the research will be welcomed with open arms and joyous celebration. In the meantime, all we can do is play our part and practice the concept of Social Distancing, promote personal and public hygiene and stay indoors for next few weeks.